Sunday, May 13, 2012

1st Mother's Day...Kinda ;)

Well today is Mother's Day! So of course, first thing this morning, Clay and I had to call our moms and wish them the sweetest of holidays...as I'm sure putting up with us for the past quarter century was not always flowers and gum drops!


After our phone chats, Clay and I spent most of the day cleaning up the house and running errands since it was pretty gloomy and rainy out. However, to my surprise, Clay sneakily went out and picked up some beautiful flowers for me - with a wonderful card addressed to "the Mother of Poppy". (We didn't want to call the baby "it" - and we don't know the gender - so we have come up with the name of "poppy", because the baby is only the size of a poppy seed.)


Below I've included the card Clay gave me...I thought it was pretty funny (and VERY true!) Also a "pre" picture of me at 5 weeks...then I can see how big this baby bump gets by the end!







5 weeks


As you can see, Clay has joined me in taking daily naps as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment