Saturday, June 23, 2012

First Trimester Finish Line Ahead!

I will keep this post brief...but I had to include some very important updates to the blog. 


First off, I went to my first Ob Gyn appointment on Thursday. I had had a very busy week in the clinic and was feeling down that I was going to my first visit solo (Clay was in Philadelphia for a meeting). After seeing all my patients, along with a round of emergencies, I was not too excited about making the 30 minute trek to the Ob Gyn through crazy Charleston traffic on 17. When I finally reached the hospital, I was exhausted and bursting with emotions....would I get to see my baby today? would there be a heart beat? how would I react? how would the first ultrasound be? would I cry? would I like my doctor? would we click the way we should? ..the list went on and on. 


So when I actually met my doctor - it was a huge relieffffff - she was perfect! Very easy to talk to, very understanding, and she made me feel completely comfortable for my exam/ultrasound. I trust her 100% to deliver this new little addition in January. 


Now onto the exciting news...with the vaginal ultrasound, this isn't the most comfortable process. There is a lot of pressure and probing, which luckily is nullified by the fact that you get to see your baby's image on the screen....and sure enough, a minute later, a scratchy black-and-white jelly bean with arms and legs popped up on the TV....anddddddd.....(drumroll).....


It was a HEALTHY BEAUTIFUL BABY with perfect arms, legs, tummy, and head :) ....and when she put on the Doppler, I got to hear the little Pitter Patter of a Hearbeat! To even try to explain that something so small and wonderful is growing inside me, I cannot even put it into words - I was truly dumbfounded. 


Then I whipped out my iPhone and took several pictures for Clay along with recording the heartbeat. (Later when I sent it to him, he was thrilled like me. Texting and calling... several times repeating "Can you believe that??" and "This is so incredibly exciting" and "He/she has a big head like me!")


I have included the pictures below...along with the faintest beginnings of a 'baby bump' at 11 weeks. What a fabulous week~ bring on the next 5 months!




Note the bump...it's hard to tell if this is from the two smoothies and sandwich I ate today-or if this is the little one stretching out - we will just have to see :)


Additionally I love that my friend Liz sent me the first baby clothes to dress this little poppy seed in. Very appropriate ;)
(although his/her dental parents are gonna make sure there is PLENTY of flossing happening under this roof!)



No comments:

Post a Comment