Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Ringing in the New Year with a Babbyyy??

So I have final reached that time where little Harper could arrive at any minute! It's absolutely crazy to think that roughly 30 weeks ago Clay and I were in utter shock over the idea of having a 3rd addition to our family - and now she's ready to make her grand appearance! 

Updates:
- Clay and I have spent hours perfecting the last little bits of Harper's nursery. Clay put together a bookshelf. We hung up fabric swatches by her crib. And we have done some rearranging of stuffed animals, books, and the mobile. Now all we need is the little peanut!



- We took our last trip until Harper comes - all the way to sunny FL! Clay and I made it home for Thanksgiving and had a wonderful shower thrown by my mom. It was definitely a "pinktastic" party with pink balloons, pink pom-poms, pink silverware and plates, and two adorable pink cakes :). More importantly, both sides of the family were able to make it to town for the event. Even the Angert boys attended, refueling with keg and quality football by the pool - at least 20 feet away from all the oo-ing and ahh-ing that went on while I opened presents. Bottom line, Harper is one lucky munchkin! 
 









As you can tell, I am very excited by the spread and decorations...and then with our wonderful host :)





- Unfortunately, shortly after this trip, I went to my 34 week OB appointment. While there, I told her what a mover and shaker Harper was - giving me Braxton Hicks contractions consistently throughout the day (especially when up and walking around). After she completed her exam, she was shocked that I was already beginning to dilate. So she gave me the dreaded prescription of "bedrest" until the baby reached term. Initially I was pretty upset and worried that Harper may be born prematurely. I listened to my doctor and went right home - jumping into bed. After 3 weeks of bedrest, including a lot of sitting, sleeping, reading (3 novels), watching tv (finished the first 2 seasons of Homeland and last season of Dexter), and studying for my pediatric boards - I have reached the goal of 37 weeks! Thank goodness! (I have definitely hit my peak of stir craziness in this house - and now am just counting down the days!) She said I still needed to maintain low activity - but I can at least go out to dinner and the occasional movie. 
- Finally, my parents are coming to town this weekend for New Years. What if Harper decides to make her debut while they are here?? That could be veryyyyyy convenientttttt :)

*During T-giving @ 34 Weeks and below (@ 35, 36, 37 weeks respectively)






Pregnancy Questionnaire: 
How far along: 37 weeks 5 days
Maternity clothes? Absolutely...Although since I have been on bedrest, it primarily consists of leggings or sweat pants, and pregnancy tanks with sweaters/sweatshirts. Clay is one lucky guy ;) 
Stretch marks? Nopers - but I definitely look like an 'egg with legs' 
Sleep?  I have definitely taken a downward spiral on my sleep. I probably wake up 3 times a night to use the restroom, and since I hardly do much during the day (except sitting or laying down), I have a lot of pent up energy at night. Poor clay is probably blinded by my Kindle every night - while I read until I can fall back asleep.  
Best moment last week? Making it to 37 weeks (full term)! It was an absolute relief to know that Harper will not be born prematurely. She will have extra time to put on weight and finish developing the last of her organs (especially her lungs). On Monday, my doctor stated that she would prefer I don't deliver until I am 39 weeks, but she said she would not be worried if I went into labor now. Now it's a waiting game!
Movement? Definitely. All the time - kicking (directly under my ribs...ouch!), stretching (right on my bladder), and lots of hiccups :) 
Food cravings?  I originally craved cucumber tea sandwiches (random, right?) Which we got the ingredients to make. Then, for the past 2 weeks, I have had a craving for coconut cake - luckily Clay pulled through again and found the best coconut cake in the South at the Village Bakery. A delicious 4 layered cake with cream cheese frosting...Ohhhhh my goodness, it's delicious! 

Gender? Girl - who already has an entire closet dedicated to her entirely pink wardrobe 
Labor signs? Braxton Hicks ALL THE TIME - my stomach feels hard as a rock every time I stand up. I hope I'll be able to tell when actual labor starts!
Belly button in/out? I would say that it is flush with my stomach. It wants to pop out - but it's not quite there yet.
What I miss: Let's see...sushi (spicy tuna!), alcohol (a cold beer sounds heavenly), exercising (or at least going on long walks with Clay), working (never thought I would say that!), wearing real clothes (that don't resemble pajamas), sleeping through the night, and being able to take full breaths. With all this bedrest, I feel like a total bum!  
What I am looking forward to: Meeting my sweet little girl! I can't wait to see what she looks like, hold onto her tiny fingers and toes, and welcome her to the Miller household. Clay and I are beyond excited at this point!! 
Milestones: I have reached full term, the nursery is all done, the bags are packed, and the car seat is installed. We can't wait to meet Harper Mae Miller!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment