Sunday, November 18, 2012

It's the final countttttt...doowwwwnnnnn


So I realize I am not the best with keeping up with this blog...but who knew that as you got closer to your 'due date'...nesting instincts would completely take over??? 
Yes, I am talking about the nursery. Through hours of putting furniture together, hiring painters, sweating through multiple outfits, and finally hanging up all of harpers tutus/pink-tastic clothes, I think we are on the home stretch! (See pics below :) ) 

 Harper's Drawers


A few details... 
Wall color: Pale Pink
Dresser and Crib: Baby Bloomers (Baby's Dream)
Glider: Costco
Big Bear: Courtesy of Mom Angert (Costco)
Harper frames/letters: Etsy
Curtains: Courtesy of my dental attending with a little daughter 
Butterfly Mobile: Courtesy of Mom Miller 

Updates:
- Kristin and Justin are officially the Edwards! See pictures below for the wedding of the year :) Clay and I had an absolute blast with everyone in Richmond... It was perfect weather, great company, and fabulous union between two best friends. I am thrilled I got to be apart of it!

At the rehearsal dinner 
                                                      
                                                
                                                               
                                         Bridesmaids


- The following weekend after the wedding, we had our shower in Virginia Beach. Once again, Clay's mom out did herself...we had quite the spread of: oysters, potato leek soup, crab cocktail, tomato tart, and a delicious 2-tiered baby shower cake. The shower actually lasted into the wee hours of the night with fireworks on the beach...however, you better believe I was already sound asleep by this point. Overall, so good to see all our friends and family from all over. Harper has quite the fan club ;)

The girls w/ Mom Angert - gearing up for a long night of festivities...Note the photo bomb in the background (thank you Darren and Clay!)


Sticking Harper way out, so everyone could rub my stomach for good luck - like a Lucky Buddha or Troll...
 

- Finally, bump picture updates:

     26 weeks                                                                                           27 weeks
                                                       
                                                      29 weeks

    32 weeks
Pregnancy Questionnaire: 
How far along: 32 weeks 2 days
Maternity clothes? Most definitely - finally got a jacket yesterday from 'Here to Maternity'..so I will no longer need to sport belly-jackets (jackets that stop midway down my stomach) in this chilly weather! 
Stretch marks? Nopers
Sleep?  I sleep pretty well - recently I have been getting tired around 8/8:30 PM and hit the sack not too much later (or Clay finds me passed out on the couch ;) ).
Best moment last week? Perfect evening with Clay...I had a really rough Thursday/Friday in the clinic. So when I got home late Friday night, we got in our sweats, made grilled cheeses, tomato soup, built a fire, and watched the latest Spiderman. It was wonderful to relax with the four of us - Clay, me, Hominy, and Harper. I love our little family. 
Movement? Definitely. She loves to kick and punch particularly as I am trying to fall asleep.
Food cravings?  I think 4 out of the 5 days last week, I had soup. It's the perfect fall treat! However, after reading this, Clay didn't want me to forget about my sweet cravings - I'll admit...I'll have a cupcake or two...or three...or four... 

Gender? Dipped in tutus and glitter, a little Girl :)
Labor signs? Not yet - No Braxton Hicks either!
Belly button in/out? Innie - but I have a feeling in the next couple of weeks, we could be seeing an outtie. 
What I miss: Being able to fit into all my fun fall clothing...Now I have to wear strictly maternity pants and long torso shirts. Even worse, Clay has to help me take off my boots every night (It's fairly tricky navigating around this protruding tummy!)
What I am looking forward to: Thanksgiving festivities and baby shower in Florida! I know my mom has been working tirelessly on this shower - and I am so excited to be there and celebrate! This will end our shower trifecta. Last night we were out our friends (the Sengs) for a Charleston shower. It was pink-tastic and wonderful!! Laura put up pink lanterns, pink tablecloths, pink cups/plates, and a slew of pink candy. With a roaring fire inside, all the guests got to sample her delicious tortilla soup and black bean  burgers! (Did I mention the pink cupcakes??)  
Milestones: I can now recognize Harper's hiccups!! It feels like little twitches from inside my tummy - so wild, but excites me even more to meet her. Less than 8 weeks - and we should have our sweet munchkin. 

1 comment: