Monday, July 16, 2012

Lately

I apologize for my absence...I realize it's been quite awhile since my last post...and there is lots to update!

Here it goes...
1) I have finally finished the first trimester finish line....sure I had some nauseous moments...and went to bed around 7:30 - 8 PM every night from shear exhaustion....and yes I was absolutely repulsed from such foods and drink as broccoli, walnuts, yogurt, and coffee...and only occasionally when I was out to dinner did I need to unbutton my pants from "food baby" + "real baby"....but overall I crossed this hurdle unscathed. 
So much so, that Clay has been telling his friends and family that I have done great and had 'no symptoms at all' (riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight). 
2) I have put on a whopping 2 poundsssss. I have included pictures below of my ever-growing baby bump. I realize not many people can "see" it...but to me - I know it's there :) and ready to keep expanding...
3) My dreaded acne that makes me look like I'm in high school has finally disappeared after a much-needed 'baby moon' to Savannah, GA at the end of June. Because I'm in residency and can literally take off no time before this little peanut decides to arrive, I had to condense our trip to two days. However, this was a glorious vacation - and we stayed in the best bed and breakfast (owned by Glenn and Maurice Gaylord). Of course Clay booked the Robert E. Lee room - so we were surrounded by pictures of guns and little figurines of the famous general. Besides the sweltering heat keeping us indoors for much of the day, we did manage to go to the spa for some wonderful pampering, Lulu's chocolate bar (yes we had dessert for dinner - a delicious layered strawberry cake, in fact!), shopped down Market Street (where Clay had to stop at World of Beers....obviously, I had a water),  and finished up our trip walking down Forsyth Park. I can't wait to go back!
4)This past weekend, I finally visited The Pea in the Pod and bought maternity jeans....and dang, they are stylish! I figured they would look old, faded and utterly non-appealing...but these jeans may just do the trick - and without a single button or zipper to jab at my growing belly. 
5) Lastly, Clay and I ventured into Babies R' Us yesterday. To say this was an experience is an understatement. I have never seen Clay get so involved with "test-driving" strollers - he was a man on a mission. So while all these woman 8 or 9 months pregnant were picking out bedding and swaddling blankets, I was rolling around the whole periphery of the store with the latest and greatest BOB stroller. Then he had me lift car seats to test their 'heaviness'- I felt like I was in a boot camp class rather than shopping for baby gear. To top it all off, he called me today to let me know he's already begun setting up the registry.....He's a keeper :)

So that about sums it up...I have included the daily questionnaire below and some updated pictures. 

How far along?  14 weeks 3 days
Total weight gain/loss?  2 - 3 lbs
Maternity clothes?  I have bought a pair of maternity jeans - but have not had the opportunity to sport those bad boys yet
Stretch marks? Nopers
Sleep?  My sleep schedule is finally getting back to normal. I now go to bed around 10 or 11 PM like I would during most days.
Best moment last week? Well it's been more than a week, but having Clay come to my OB GYN appointment and actually see the little poppy seed bounce around on the ultrasound screen was priceless. Additionally, the little one passed the first trimester screenings - already an over-achiever ;)
Movement? Not yet
Food cravings?  Can we say sweets!! Clay whipped up a peach crisp last night - and I needed 3 helpings to satiate my never-ending sweet tooth.
Gender? I still think it's a girl...and in fact have been referring to the baby as a "she"
Labor signs? Roughly 6 more months
Belly button in/out? Innie
What I miss: Working out like a normal person - although taking Hominy on long walks at night is becoming an enjoyable pastime.
What I am looking forward to: The anatomy screening at the end of August!!!! I can't wait to find out the gender! We are thinking of a possible gender reveal party....
Milestones: Clay and I are moving to a bigger place in just 3 weeks...a new house with 4 bedrooms (1 being the nursery!). I can't wait to start the decorating fun!

 Walking around Forsyth Park (Savannah, GA)
 @ 12 Weeks


 Eating dinner at the Old Pink House


The Robert E Lee Room

Lulu's for Dinner...Yummmm

Fourth of July Festivities....prior to grilling out with Clay's co-workers

This past weekend at 14 Weeks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment